Established in 1981, The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a non-governmental women’s, mass, developmental, and learning human rights organization that contributes to developing feminist struggle within national, social, and developmental dimensions. The organization believes that liberating women is connected directly with ending the occupation and establishing a full Palestinian democratic sovereign civil state. PWWSD is active all-over West Bank including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip and is an active member in several local, regional, and global networks and coalitions.
The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) aims for a free and democratic Palestinian society based on gender equality, respect for human rights and social justice. The organization promotes women empowerment, women’s participation in the national struggle against the occupation, women’s contribution to the development processes, the entitlement of woman to political, economic and civic rights, women’s access to justice and their right to a life free of violence.
PWWSD core function focuses on provision of psychosocial and legal services including group and individual counselling and to provide women with the resources they need to combat gender-based violence, empower themselves politically, economically and socially, and transform their society to one that is inclusive, egalitarian and democratic. PWWSD takes a gender-responsive, rights-based approach, particularly regarding international human rights.
About the Project
The project “Preventing and Responding to Gender Based Violence in the West Bank” is supported by the UNFPA and implemented by the Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD),. The project aims at promoting women and girls access to lifesaving integrated GBV/SRH and PSS services in Nablus and Qalqylia, and contributing to increasing the capacity of local women's organization(s) to implement GBV prevention and response in the West Bank.
To this end, PWWSD is seeking to hire Trainer in Nablus and in Qalqilya to provide 10 awareness sessions for women and girls with disabilities in Nablus and Qalqiliya
Duties and Responsibilities
The counselor will undertake the following tasks:
- Conduct a desk review for women and girls with disability.
- Provide 10 awareness sessions in Nablus and Qalqilia regarding of rights and issues for women and girls with
- Coordinate with partners targeting and responding to women and girls with disability .
- Deliver (10)cases through 5months from (May-September ).
- Submitting report for every work shops with pre and post analysis
- Prepare and submit a detailed report for all awareness sessions .
- Report for every session
- Pre &post analysis .
- Final report .
- degree in psychology ,social sciences, including Gender and Development, Human Rights or equivalent
- At least 5 years of proven professional experience in psychology .
- Proven experience in GBV victims and survivors.
- Very strong understanding of national and international policy and legal frameworks on gender equality, and women's rights, including understanding of social, cultural, economic and political context of Palestine.
- Fluency in written Arabic
How to Apply
Interested consultants are required to prepare and submit the following:
- A Technical proposal including context (brief), approach, methodology, and work plan including the proposed timeframe (1-2 pages).
- Updated CV of the consultant.
- Financial offer: budget breakdown of the proposed costs in ILS including VAT.
Interested Individual counselors are requested to deliver technical and financial offer by Hand in PWWSD address ): Al-Anbia Street, Real Estate Company Building, 3rd floor
The applications must be submitted to the above addresses by 17 April,2022. Any application that is submitted after this deadline might not be considered.
Thank you for considering working with PWWSD to serve a gender equality agenda in Palestine