TOR for Individual Consultant to implement training on GBV and the National Referral System-Provide (40)GBV survivors with chronic illness with psychosocial well-being, and needed therapy and follow up
Established in 1981, The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a non-governmental women’s, mass, developmental, and learning human rights organization that contributes to developing feminist struggle within national, social, and developmental dimensions. The organization believes that liberating women is connected directly with ending the occupation and establishing a full Palestinian democratic sovereign civil state. PWWSD is active all-over West Bank including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip and is an active member in several local, regional, and global networks and coalitions.
The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) aims for a free and democratic Palestinian society based on gender equality, respect for human rights and social justice. The organization promotes women empowerment, women’s participation in the national struggle against the occupation, women’s contribution to the development processes, the entitlement of woman to political, economic and civic rights, women’s access to justice and their right to a life free of violence.
PWWSD core function focuses on provision of psychosocial and legal services including group and individual counselling and to provide women with the resources they need to combat gender-based violence, empower themselves politically, economically and socially, and transform their society to one that is inclusive, egalitarian and democratic. PWWSD takes a gender-responsive, rights-based approach, particularly regarding international human rights.
About the Project
The project “Preventing and Responding to Gender Based Violence in the West Bank” is supported by the UNFPA and implemented by the Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD),. The project aims at promoting women and girls access to lifesaving integrated GBV/SRH and PSS services in Nablus and Qalqylia, and contributing to increasing the capacity of local women's organization(s) to implement GBV prevention and response in the West Bank.
To this end, PWWSD is seeking to hire 2 counselors one in Nablus and one in Qalqilya to provide Psychosocial support for (40)GBV survivors with chronic illness with psychosocial well-being, and needed therapy and follow up divided (20) in Nablus and (20) in Qalqylia .
Duties and Responsibilities
The counselor will undertake the following tasks:
- Conduct a desk review for GBV survivors with chronic illness.
- Provide cases PSS services including case management
- Coordinate with partners targeting and responding to chronic illness cases .
- Deliver (20)cases through 4 months (May, June ,July -August ).
- Submitting a monthly report of the cases for which psychological support service has been provided .
- Prepare and submit a detailed report for all cases .
- Monthly report .
- Final report .
- Document every case by PWWD Intake .
- degree in psychology ,social sciences, including Gender and Development, Human Rights or equivalent
- At least 5 years of proven professional experience in psychology .
- Proven experience in GBV victims and survivors.
- Very strong understanding of national and international policy and legal frameworks on gender equality, and women's rights, including understanding of social, cultural, economic and political context of Palestine.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English are required.
How to Apply
Interested consultants are required to prepare and submit the following:
- A Technical proposal including context (brief), approach, methodology, and work plan including the proposed timeframe (1-2 pages).
- Updated CV of the consultant.
- Financial offer: budget breakdown of the proposed costs in ILS including VAT.
Interested Individual counselors are requested to send the above package to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Psychosocial support for (40)GBV survivors with chronic illness with psychosocial well-being, and needed therapy and follow up”.
The applications must be submitted to the above addresses by 29 January,2022. Any application that is submitted after this deadline might not be considered.
Thank you for considering working with PWWSD to serve a gender equality agenda in Palestine.