The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a Palestinian grassroots non-governmental organization working since 1981 with and for Palestinian women marginalized by the Israeli occupation and Palestinian patriarchal society. PWWSD is currently seeking to improve the mental health of Palestinian women through psychosocial services including group and individual counselling and to provide women with the resources they need to combat gender-based violence, empower themselves politically, economically and socially, and transform their society to on that is inclusive, egalitarian and democratic. PWWSD takes a gender-responsive, rights-based approach, particularly regarding international human rights.
To this end, PWWSD is recruiting a Projects Coordinator who will manage the project different interventions and lead on partnerships to ensure acheving teh project results and impact. This will include following up on the implementation of the project workplans, budgets, monitoring of M&E tools and interventions, while ensuring close coordination with relevant partners, in West Bank and Gaza Strip, and full enegagement of youth and different beneficiaries. The coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the achievement of high quality and timely results, adhering to the different gender equality tools and decent work principals. The projects coordinator will directly report to PWWSD’s Programme Manager.
- Ensure timely and duly management of the projects and implementation of all activities listed in the project implementation plan in accordance with the rules and regulations of PWWSD, and in accordance with agreed monitoring and evaluation guidelines as stipulated in the agreement with doners.
- Ensure that the projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Develop TORs and procure services to conduct work on specific activities (including radio and TV stations), and objectives set forth in the implementaiton plans in accordance with PWWSD’s procurement guidlelines.
- Establish and maintain partnerships and/or coordination with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate the financial transcations in full coordination with the accounting department, including ensuring all supporting documents are maintained and an orderly filing system is in place.
- Ensure proper, professional, documented and clear communication with the project team and partners of all aspects of the project activities.
- Support the development of monitoring and evaluation tools and conduct regular field visits.
- Draft regular narrative progress reports in line with guidelines stipulated in the agreements with the donors. Ensure that the reports follow a results-based approach.
- Coordinate with Programme Manager to ensure liasing with doners throughout the project cycle, informing donors on progress and obstacles in the implementation and provide necessary documentation upon request.
- Organize and conduct workshops and meetings with stakeholders, and participate, document and coordinate results/outcomes of the Steering Commmitee Meetings.
- Coordinate and participate in advocacy and policy dialogues with project partners and key projects participants on issues included in projects’ campaigning and advocacy plans.
- Perform tasks that deemed necessary to achieve the projects objectives according to the request of the Programme Manager.
Required Experience and Educational Background
- Undergarduate or graduate degree in planning, business administration, public administration, gender and development, or related social sciences.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing development projects and programs, especially funded by Inernational Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage complex project work, with focus on empowerment of women and/or human rights.
- Experience in report writing, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent Arabic and English language skills (written and spoken).
- Proven ability to collaborate well and to deliver work in a timely manner.
- Work experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and knowledge management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and presentation in Arabic and English.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Mircrosoft Office and online applications).
- Highly committed, able to work under pressure, adapt to new situations, and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title in the subject line no later than Tuesday 20.9.2022.