The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Individual consultant/specialist to provide media services
UN Women grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates the United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts and builds effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women strategic plan Impact Area 3 “Women and girls live a life free of all forms of violence”, focuses on supporting the capacities of the Palestinian Government and civil society actors to prevent violence and deliver quality, accessible and coordinated services for victims and survivors of violence, which is central to the 2030 Agenda, particularly SDG 5 on achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls, and SDG 16 on promoting peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development.
UN Women has been operating in Palestine since 1994 (as UNIFEM) and has achieved significant successes in enhancing women’s access to justice, through supporting the Justice, Security and social sectors to establish, institutionalize and provide gender responsive and multi- sectoral services to women victims and survivors of violence. More precisely, under the first phase and the current phase of its’ joint programme with UNDP and UNICEF “SAWASYA”, UN Women achievements included supporting the institutionalization of the Family and Juvenile Protection Units at the Palestinian Civil Police, the establishment of the One Stop Centre of multisectoral coordinated services on VAW, the establishment of the specialised prosecution on Protecting Family from Violence, the assignment of specialised judges on VAW, strengthening the capacities of the Gender Units at the Justice and Security sectors, strengthening the capacity of partners to provide gender responsive services to women during the legal process and beyond, in addition to the development of key legislations, policies and standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Through UNWOMEN funded project SAWASYA, PWWSD needs an individual consultant/specialist to provide media services that including; design invitations, develop workshops visibility material, ensure visibility and media coverage, write press releases, follow up with media services providers, and photographs documentations. The awarded consultant/specialist will have all details after a meeting with the PWWSD project’s staff. The timeframe of the assignment will be four months.
The main objectives
Provide media services in the West Bank, that includes:
- Design at least 10 designs that may include: invitations, banners, messages and visibility material for sessions, symposiums and live seminars.
- Ensure visibility and media coverage for at least 5 sessions, symposiums and live seminars.
- Write at least 5 press releases covering sessions, symposiums and live seminars, and share them with local media outlets.
- Provide high quality photos for the sessions.
- Follow up with media services providers such as radio and TV networks.
The service would have the following outputs:
- At least 10 designs that may include: invitations, banners, messages and visibility material for sessions, symposiums and live seminars.
- Visibility and media coverage for at least 5 sessions, symposiums and live seminars.
- At least 5 press releases covering sessions, symposiums and live seminars.
- High quality photos for the sessions.
- Follow up with media services providers such as radio networks.
- Simple report of all accomplished activities by the end of the assignment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The consultant/specialist will undertake the following tasks during four months:
- Conduct consultative sessions with PWWSD to discuss the work plan of all activities.
- Suggest approaches and detailed plan.
- Attend all the mentioned activities and ensure the media coverage and all mentioned outputs listed above.
- Share any product with PWWSD before publishing.
- Share press releases with local media outlets, and send PWWSD links of coverage.
- Provide simple report of all accomplished activities by the end of the project.
Eligibility: consultant/specialist profile
The bidding consultant/specialist should possess the following:
- Professional capacity, skills, knowledge, expertise, and equipment to carry out the assignment.
- Relevant experience in similar projects and/or in the sector.
- Established networks relevant to the assignment.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to fit his/her schedule with the workplan of PWWSD mentioned activities.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
The consultant/specialist expressly assigns to PWWSD any copyright of product he/she produce during the implementation of the assignment. The consultant/specialist may not use, reproduce or otherwise disseminate or authorize others to use, reproduce or disseminate any of the materials developed under this service, including the audio-visual materials. The consultant/specialist commits to provide PWWSD with all the raw materials upon completion of the tasks, and receiving written approval of the products by PWWSD.
Interested consultant/specialist should deliver by hands, his/her CV, Technical offer and financial offer for the above-mentioned service.
The financial proposal should include:
- A separate financial proposal setting out a budget for the assignment (please provide prices in ILS).
- The proposed budget in ILS should be inclusive of all costs, including professional, travel, accommodation, living expenses, and VAT, among others.
- The media service will cover project areas in the West Bank.
- Taxes (10%) will be deducted from the invoice.
PWWSD is not obligated to select the lowest cost. PWWSD will evaluate the offers based on competitiveness, quality, experience, and eligibility based on the above, as well as evaluation of the reasonability of the price offered. Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline to deliver offers: Feb. 24-2023.