Community Network Mobilizer
The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Community Network Mobilizer
2, October, 2022
Type of Contract
Expected Duration of Assignment
Oct. – Nov.
Established in 1981, The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a non-governmental women’s, mass, developmental, and learning human rights organization that contributes to developing feminist struggle within national, social, and developmental dimensions. The organization believes that liberating women is connected directly with ending the occupation and establishing a full Palestinian democratic sovereign civil state. PWWSD is active allover West Bank including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip and is an active member in several local, regional, and global networks and coalitions.
The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) aims for a free and democratic Palestinian society based on gender equality, respect for human rights and social justice. The organization promotes women empowerment, women’s participation in the national struggle against the occupation, women’s contribution to the development processes, the entitlement of woman to political, economic and civic rights, women’s access to justice and their right to a life free of violence.
PWWSD core function focuses on provision of psychosocial and legal services including group and individual counselling and to provide women with the resources they need to combat gender-based violence, empower themselves politically, economically and socially, and transform their society to one that is inclusive, egalitarian and democratic. PWWSD takes a gender-responsive, rights-based approach, particularly regarding international human rights.
About the Project
The project “Enhancing the Protection and Re-integration of Furthest Left Behind Groups of Women and Girls Victims and Survivors of Violence in Palestine” is supported by the UNWOMEN and implemented by the Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD), during the period from September. 1, 2022 -November 30, 2022. The project aims to empowering Palestinian women and girls on the individual, collective and institutional levels to be deeply engaged in all decision-making processes that affect their lives and communities, also it aims to eliminating discrimination against women and girls by combating gender-based violence within Palestinian society and promoting women’s peace and security per international human rights laws and agreements.
To this end, PWWSD is seeking to hire community network mobilizer who will be in charge of assisting project coordinator in organizing Shaml projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
The community network mobilizer will undertake the following tasks:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Have high ability to plan, coordinate and prepare awareness workshops, hearing and dialogue sessions, seminars and media activities.
- Participate in developing messages on social media pages to raise awareness of women’s rights and GBV for aforementioned groups
- Coordination and networking with local community institution.
- Follow up and organizing the work through monthly report and monthly meeting.
Assignment Management and Administration
These assignments will be managed by project coordinator, The community network mobilizer work under coordinator supervision and perform tasks as assigned by coordinator.
The contract will be starting in 1 Oct, 2022, due 30. November, 2022
- University degree in Management, or another relevant including GBV and Development, Human Rights or equivalent
- university degree in human rights, Management, international relations or another relevant field
- More than 6 years of experience working with INGOs or NGOs (previous work experience in the Gender is desirable)
- Knowledge of the women rights, Gender, GBV
- Fluency in English both written and spoken;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
How to Apply
Interested mobilizer are required to prepare and submit the following:
- Updated CV.
- Cover letter
Interested mobilizer are requested to send the above requirements by hands to PWWSD Office at Ramallah – Alanbia Street – Real Estate Company Building, with the subject line: “Combating S&GBV in the West Bank”.
The applications must be submitted to the above addresses by October 2, 2022. Any application that is submitted after this deadline might not be considered.
Thank you for considering working with PWWSD to serve a gender equality agenda in Palestine